If you want to take your diving to the next level and discover and experience new underwater attractions then this is your chance! Become an advanced open water diver to certify yourself to dive up to 30 meters, opening up your diving horizons for the future.
The two day Advanced Open Water course consists of five dives which can be tailored to your interests and preferences. Two dives are designated to the compulsory categories of ‘Deep Dive’ and ‘Navigation Dive’ however the other three adventure dives may be chosen from the list below:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy - will help you to master this tricky skill
- Boat Diver - will broaden the variety of dives you do, there are over 25 boat dive sites in Malta!
- Night Diver - invites you to open up a completely new world where you will encounter nocturnal underwater creatures not usually seen by day
- Enriched Air Nitrox - helps to extend your time under the water
- Underwater Naturalist - discover major aquatic life groups and their role within the environment
- AWARE Fish Identification - learn to recognize the creatures you see underwater
- Wreck Diver - introduce yourself into the world of historic wrecks and artificial reefs
There is a small amount of theory associated with this course which is covered by home study.
This involves reading the chapters and completing the knowledge reviews corresponding to Deep Dive, Navigation Dive and the three adventure dives you have selected from the list above.
This may be done in two ways:
- By reading and answering the questions of the five relevant chapters in the PADI manual (included) which can be done at your own convince prior to your dives.
- Via PADI’s online training facility at your own convince prior to your dives. If you wish to use this option you need to purchase an eLearning pack from us at an extra cost of €65pp.
So if you are ready to take your diving to the next level and discover what the big blue is really all about then don't hesitate to contact us to book your spot on this course today!
- PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
- To be in reasonable health
- Minimum age of 12 years (Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
- Minimum age of 15 years
- Under 18s must have parental consent
- All necessary equipment
- Instructor tuition
- Return transport to and from your accommodation in Mellieha, Buggiba, St. Paul's Bay, Ramla, Xemxija, Cirkewwa areas
- Return road transport to the dive sites
- PADI Manual (for the classroom-based method of theory training)
- PADI Certification card
How to book:
- Decide on training method (online or in classroom)
- Enquire availability via email and fix a date
- Pay deposit online