This course is aimed at those who want to learn to scuba dive but are short on time, have a lower budget or who wish to learn with young children as a family.
There is a mixture of theory, skills and open water dives which are all counted towards a lifetime qualification certifying you to dive anywhere in the world up to 12 meters under an instructors supervision.
The PADI Scuba Diver course can count towards approximately half of the PADI Open Water course should you wish to continue your scuba diving education at a later date. The whole course takes about two days to complete, where all essential diving equipment is included.
There are three ways of studying the theory for this course:
- Classroom learning: students spend time in the classroom watching the PADI training DVD and reading their PADI manual (included) while raising any queries they might have with the supervising instructor.
- Online e-learning: this allows students to study and understand diving theory at their own pace using PADIs online training facility prior to arriving at the dive center. However, if you wish to choose this option you need to order an e-learning pack from us at an extra cost of €55pp.
- Open Water Diver Touch (for iPads and tablets): this also allows a student to study the theory at their own pace and in their own time. The advantage of this method is that it allows students to study offline by downloading an application onto your tablet after purchasing the touch pack from our centre at an extra cost of €55pp.
- No previous experience necessary
- To be in reasonable health
- Minimum age of 10 years (Junior Scuba Diver)
- Minimum age of 15 years
- Under 18s must have parental consent
- All necessary equipment
- Instructor tuition (Theory + Confined water training + 2 Open water divers)
- Return transport from your accommodation in Mellieha, Buggiba, St. Paul's Bay, Ramla, Xemxija, Cirkewwa areas
- Road transport to the dive sites
- PADI Certification card
- PADI Manual (*only for classrom-based method of theory training)
- High-quality Seashell Log book
How to book:
- decide on training method (online or in classroom)
- enquire availability via email and fix a date
- pay deposit online