Have you always wished you could breath under water, have a passion for the sea, or would like to have a career in scuba diving? If so, the PADI Open Water Course is just the course for you! This popular course is one of the first steps into the underwater world, hundreds of people from around the globe have taken this course here with us at Seashell Dive Centre and gone on to discover the magnificent life hidden under the sea.
This 2-4 day PADI Open Water Course provides you with a lifetime qualification which certifies you to dive up to 18 meters anywhere in the world. It gives you the opportunity to meet new diving buddies, learn new skills and discover the 71% of our world which is hidden below land.
The Open Water course consists of three main elements:
There are three ways of studying the theory for this course:
- Classroom learning: students spend time in the classroom watching the PADI training DVD and reading their PADI manual (included) while raising any queries they might have with the supervising instructor.
- Online e-learning: this allows students to study and understand diving theory at their own pace using PADIs online training facility prior to arriving at the dive center. However, if you wish to choose this option you need to order an e-learning pack from us at an extra cost of €65.00pp.
- Open Water Diver Touch (for iPads and tablets): this also allows a student to study the theory at their own pace and in their own time. The advantage of this method is that it allows students to study offline by downloading an application onto your tablet after purchasing the touch pack from our centre at an extra cost of €65.00pp.
Confined water training:
The confined water sessions teach you the essential skills you need in order to become a confident and safe diver. These are taught at a maximum depth of four meters where the instructor describes and demonstrates each skill which you will need to repeat in turn until you have them fully mastered.
Open water dives:
Once the skills and theory have been mastered, you are ready to take your first of four open water dives. It is here that you will truly appreciate the value of being able to discover life under the sea. Each dive will increase in depth, ensuring you build your confidence with every dive you do.
Through our instructors passionate teaching and the friendly atmosphere at the dive center, we can ensure you will have the best diving experience where every student gets personal attention. With good visibility, very little underwater current and over 300 days of sunshine a year, the Maltese waters are the perfect place to learn to dive and so is Seashell Dive Center.
- No previous experience necessary
- To be in reasonable health
- Minimum age of 10 years (Junior Open Water Diver)
- Minimum age of 15 years
- Under 18s must have parental consent
- All necessary equipment
- Instructor tuition in various languages
- Return transport to and from your accommodation in Mellieha, Buggiba, St. Paul's Bay, Ramla, Xemxija, Cirkewwa areas
- Road transport to the dive sites and back
- PADI Certification card
- PADI Manual (*only for classrom based method of theory training)
- High-quality Seashell Log book
How to book:
- Decide on training method (online or in classroom)
- Enquire availability via email and fix a date
- Pay deposit online
This course can also be booked as a LEARN TO DIVE HOLIDAY