This is one of the most popular PADI courses which introduces kids to the amazing life of being a scuba diver. This course will allow them to discover the 71% of the world that is hidden below sea level and which most people never get to explore.
This 2-4 day PADI Junior Open Water Course provides a lifetime qualification which certifies kids to dive up to 12 meters anywhere in the world. This automatically upgrades to a maximum of 18 meters when they reach the age of 15. It gives them the opportunity to meet new diving buddies, learn new skills and embark upon a much loved lifelong hobby.
The Open Water course consists of three main elements: theory, confined water training and 4 training open water dives.
There are three ways of studying the theory for this course:
- Classroom learning: students will spend time in the classroom with one of our friendly instructors, watching the PADI training DVD, reading their PADI manual (included) and asking questions.
- Online e-learning: this allows students to study at their own pace prior to the course using PADIs online training facility. However, if you wish to choose this option you need to order an e-learning pack from us at an extra cost of €65.00pp.
- Open Water Diver Touch (for iPads and tablets): The advantage of this method is that it allows students to study offline by downloading an application onto a tablet after purchasing the touch pack from our centre at an extra cost of €65.00pp.
Confined water training
These sessions take place in the shallow waters of the bay at a maximum depth of four meters, situated right outside our dive center. Here the children will be taught the essential skills needed in order to become a confident and safe diver. Our professional instructors will describe and demonstrate each skill which students need to repeat in turn until they have them fully mastered.
Open water dives
Now they are ready to take their first of four open water dives where they will truly appreciate the wonders of being able to discover life under the sea. Each dive will increase in depth, ensuring that they build their confidence with every dive they do.
Through our instructors passionate teaching and the friendly atmosphere at the dive center, we can ensure your children will have the best diving experience where every student gets personal attention and won't be able to wait to jump in the water again.
- No previous experience necessary
- To be in reasonable health
- Minimum age of 10 years
- Must have parental consent
- All necessary equipment
- Instructor tuition in Malta throughout the course
- Return transport to and from your accommodation in Mellieha, Buggiba, St. Paul's Bay, Ramla, Xemxija, Cirkewwa areas
- PADI Manual (*for classroom-based method of theory training only)
- PADI Certification card
- High quality Seashell Log book
How to book:
- decide on training method (online or in classroom)
- enquire availability via email and fix a date
- pay deposit online